Leave Request for an Academic Professional

All Academic Professionals



Professional researchers or professional specialists who have regular appointments of at least 50% duty time with at least one year of service may be eligible for research leaves or detached service agreements.

It is believed that under certain circumstances professional researchers or professional specialists and the University can mutually benefit from these staff members' being relieved of regular responsibilities--for example, to enable them to pursue new or unusual projects or to bring together the accomplishments of several related programs. Such activities, like projects regularly carried out by members of the staff, should normally be funded from grants, contracts, or fellowships. In those instances where leaves for research are approved and external support is not available, paid leaves for members of these staff may be granted for up to six months at full salary or up to 12 months at half salary.

For all requests for leave of absence, please submit the eForm.