We are excited about your new appointment at Princeton! The following contains important information for new appointees who are joining the Princeton community (a printable PDF is also available).
First, report to your home department to let them know of your arrival and to pick up any information that may have already been sent to you via campus mail (contact information for departments can be found here).
You will need to visit the following offices listed below on campus to complete your sign-up. While many sign-up procedures can be handled through the mail, the I-9 Employment Authorization and TigerCard must be done in person. Unless otherwise noted below, university office hours are generally 8:45am-5pm, Monday-Friday, during the academic year, and 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday, during the summer. Click here for an interactive online map.
1. Human Resources Service Center, New South Building, 4th floor (609-258-3300) (Hours: 9am – 4pm, Mon-Fri): If you are an employee or fellow being paid either a salary or stipend by Princeton University, you will need to complete an I-9 Employment Authorization in person within three days of your hire or rehire date. It is also important that you log into your Princeton email account on the first day of appointment. If benefits eligible, you will have received an important email message regarding your Princeton health benefits, which includes web links for information as well as our Self-Service site for online enrollment. If you have questions about benefits, one of our benefits specialists can assist you at this location.
2. TigerCard, New South Building, A floor (609-258-5436) (Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm, Mon-Fri): The TigerCard establishes your affiliation with Princeton University and serves as a photo ID. Many University departments will ask to see your TigerCard including: the Library, the Athletics Department, McCosh Health Center, the Housing Office, and the Frist Campus Center Ticket Office. In addition to being your official University ID, the TigerCard is also used as a debit card to buy food or photocopying services and to gain admittance to campus buildings and high security areas that are electronically secured.
3. Transportation & Parking Services, New South Building, A floor (609-258-3157) (Hours: 8am–5pm, Mon-Fri): Parking on campus is by permit only between the hours of 8am. and 5pm, Monday through Friday, in assigned numbered lots.The Parking Office provides hangtag/decals for those numbered lots. You may also register your vehicle online.
OTHER OFFICES YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT OR WISH TO CONTACT:
4. Davis International Center, Louis A. Simpson International Building, A-Level (20 Washington Rd) (609-258-5006): If you are in the U.S. in J-1 status, you MUST check in within 30 days of your DS-2019 start date or your immigration record will be terminated. Check-in can only be completed online, by appointment, or during designated walk-in hours. Other visa holders (e.g., H-1B, F-1 OPT) should schedule an appointment or stop in during walk-in hours to report their arrival. The Center offers support for international scholars, including information on how to apply for a Social Security Number, NJ Driver License, and resources to help adjust to life at Princeton.
5. Circulation Desk, Firestone Library (609-258-3202): Bring your TigerCard ID card to activate your patron barcode which will enable you to exercise borrowing privileges at the Princeton University libraries.
7. Housing, New South Building, 5th floor (609-258-3460): Please contact the Housing Office if you have any questions or need information or assistance with University Faculty and Staff Housing.
8. Office of Information Technology Help Desk (609-258-4357): All University faculty and staff have University computing accounts established for them. An "IT Quick Start" guide is available here. If you need further assistance, call the OIT Help Desk at 609-258-4357 (8-HELP) or at email@example.com. You may also visit the OIT Solutions Center at the Frist Campus Center (100-level, Rooms 111, 112, & 113) Monday-Friday, 9am–5pm.